Yum! Desserts for Easter
By Abigail R.
Easter is a great time of year to have delicious treats with your family and friends. Use these two recipes to make this an Easter to remember!
This is a delicious family recipe!
- Work together one cup of butter, ½ cup powdered sugar, and two cups flour.
- Press into 9×13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min.
- Beat Together four eggs, two cups sugar, ¼ cup flour, 1/3 cup lemon juice, and ½ tsp baking powder.
- When this short bread is done, pour liquid mixture over top. Bake 25 minutes longer at 350 degrees as well.
- After they are out of the oven, let them cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares. Enjoy!
Chocolate No Bake Bird’s Nests
Also a great family recipe!
- In a large bowl combine three cups oatmeal, ½ cup coconut, and ½ cup walnuts.
- In a medium sized saucepan heat and boil ½ cup cocoa, ½ cup milk, two cups sugar, ½ cup butter, and ¼ tsp vanilla.
- Add chocolate mixture to bowl. Mix well. Drop small spoonfuls onto wax paper and let set.
- Makes around 35 cookies. Enjoy!