10 Reasons to Switch to Online School
Deciding what educational option is best for your children can be challenging. Traditional public schools, charter schools, and private schools all have their place, but they may not be the right fit for every student’s needs. Homeschooling is another choice, but not all parents have the knowledge or time. And without the right info, it can be hard to compare traditional school vs. online school.
Online public school is an option that offers a high-quality education with all the resources and support you need—including teachers—yet your child can still learn from home. Keep reading to discover ten great reasons why parents select online public school.
Why Switch to an Online Public School?
- With online school, you set the schedule to work with your family’s lifestyle.Traditional school hours may not work for families who travel often or for kids who are involved in the arts or are elite athletes. A more flexible schedule enables families to do more extracurricular activities, too.
- Students master concepts at their own pace. Online school’s flexibility means that students can take extra time with subjects that are more difficult for them. Kids who excel can move ahead to the next subject when they are ready.
- Kids with special needs can thrive. Working from home with your one-on-one attention and support from online teachers, your child can enjoy learning in an environment that nurtures his or her learning abilities and accommodates physical needs.
- Children benefit from outstanding curriculum. A high-quality online public school provides a professionally developed curriculum and lessons, unlike homeschooling, where the parent must create all curriculum and lesson plans.
- You can customize your child’s education.Online public schools often have a wider selection of courses, including gifted and talented, honors, Advanced Placement®, career and technical education, and electives for all grades.
- Students work with certified teachers. Students have regularly scheduled online instruction from teachers who are grade-level or subject matter experts, plus one-on-one support when needed.
- You can incorporate values into your child’s learning. Online school allows you the opportunity to talk with your child about how the curriculum fits with your family’s cultural and religious values.
- Parents provide a safe learning environment.Negative experiences such as bullying and peer pressure make it hard to learn. Working from the safety of home, kids don’t have these unwelcome distractions.
- Parents control socialization opportunities. With online school, you get to create a custom socialization plan around your child’s interests and personality. And online school students get plenty of family time, as well!
- Parents can get more involved. With online school, parent involvement is essential! Parents or other trusted adults have the opportunity to play an important role in the student’s education by filling the role of Learning Coach. They have access to the curriculum, gradebook, and teachers—and can witness their child’s learning firsthand.
If you’re considering homeschooling your child with an online curriculum, be sure to visit www.ConnectionsAcademy.com to learn more and decide if personalized learning from home is a good fit for your family.
Advanced Placement® is a registered trademark of the College Board. Used with permission.