Easy Homemade Southwestern Salad
By: Madison W.
Have your salads been tasting bland lately? That’s probably why you don’t like eating them. Well, here is an easy, flavorful salad that tastes so good you’ll want to eat it every day– a homemade southwestern salad. It is simple and very affordable. All you need is a few ingredients and your favorite toppings that you probably already have on hand! Let’s get started.
Here are the ingredients that you will need for this recipe:
- salad of your choice (approx. 2 handfuls)
- honey barbeque sauce
- ranch dressing
- lemon (or lemon juice)
- pepper to taste
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- toppings of your choice (optional)
- Put your favorite salad into your bowl
- Sprinkle cheese all over the lettuce
- Squeeze the lemon juice evenly throughout the salad. It is important to do this step because the cheese will absorb some of the lemon juice to make this salad even more delicious!!
- Drizzle the honey barbeque sauce and ranch dressing
- Add your favorite toppings and pepper
I hope you enjoy this southwestern salad recipe as much as I did. Please note that you can be as creative as you want for your toppings. There is nothing to stop you! If you did enjoy it, please note in the comments so I can see how many people enjoy this recipe. Thank you for reading my article and have a wonderful day.