Twitter Chat Recap: A Parent’s View of Virtual School
Class schedules, teacher interaction, grades—these are just a few of the things you might have questions about if you’re considering virtual school for your child. To find answers to your questions, check out this Tweet chat, “A Parent’s View of Virtual School,” which was held this week by Connections Academy. The chat was led by Melissa Gruber, a Connections Academy parent who has three children enrolled in virtual school.
After you view the Tweet chat recap below, browse the list of resources to learn more about adjusting to virtual school, the differences between virtual and brick-and-mortar school, and more.
Check out these resources to learn. . .
- How virtual school compares to brick-and-mortar school
- How much individualized attention students receive from teachers
- How the curriculum is tailored to the student
- How students adjust to virtual middle school and high school
- Whether virtual school costs anything, and the difference between tuition-free public and affordable, tuition-based private virtual school
- How students and parents access grades
- How much time parents will need to spend with their students
- How virtual school students connect with teachers and classmates
- How homeschoolers can transition to virtual school
- How virtual school allows more time for family, sports, and other extracurricular activities
- How to decide if virtual school is right for your child
Follow us on Twitter @ConnectionsAcad to find out about our next live event.
Do you have any other questions about virtual school? Feel free to ask us in the comments.