6 Ways for Parents to Ask Questions about Virtual School
There’s no doubt that the virtual school environment is very different than the brick-and-mortar classroom. But in many ways, attending class online is a lot like going to the local school. You might be surprised by how natural, engaging, and rewarding the experience can be for K–12 students.
If you’re interested in learning more about virtual school, finding information is easier than you think. Below are just a few options you can try.
- Find answers to your questions by viewing our virtual school resources. Our blog posts cover many diverse topics. These include:
- A Quick Guide to Parent, Student, and Teacher Roles in a Virtual School
- Top 10 Things Virtual School Teachers Want You to Know
- 5 Myths about Virtual Schools
- Common Concerns about Virtual School
- Choosing a Virtual School: Start with ABC
- Making the Choice: Is Virtual School Right for My Child?
- How Virtual School Educates the Whole Child
- Picture a Day of Virtual School
- Making Virtual School a Success
Also, remember to browse our frequently asked questions about virtual school.
- Join the virtual school community on social media. On YouTube, you can see a day in the life of a Connections Academy family or discover what it’s like to be an online teacher. Twitter and Facebook give you a chance to ask questions and interact with virtual school parents. On Pinterest, you can access ideas for learning activities, crafts and more.
- See what students have to say about virtual school. What does a virtual school student look like? What are his or her interests and needs? Find out by taking a look at some student profiles, which tell the stories of our outstanding students. For example, meet Beau Patterson, a former bullied student who flourishes in the safe, flexible environment of virtual school. You can also meet Ria Cheruvu, who enjoys taking many gifted and honors courses at her own pace.
For more information, read a few student testimonials:
- A Student Writes: How Virtual Schooling Brought My Family Together
- What Students Think about Virtual School
- Student Reflection: Switching from Traditional to Online High School
Our online high school grads are happy to share their own experiences and tell you about how and why the program worked for them.
- Talk directly to a parent. Sometimes, the best way to see if virtual school is right for your family is to talk to another parent! After you view our parent testimonials, connect with a Connections Academy parent. You’ll receive a response from the parent you select within a week.
- Connect with a teacher. The bonds our teachers build with their students are deep and strong. Often, they get to know the entire family well. These relationships enable our teachers to make truly meaningful, life-changing connections with their students. Contacting a teacher is the best option if you have very specific questions about your child’s learning needs.
- Go to an event. Virtual school events are held online and in-person across the states. Just choose from the information sessions and social events coming up in your area and add them to your calendar.
Do you have any specific questions about virtual school? Feel free to ask in the comments below or contact us at any time!