5 Reasons to Homeschool Your Children
Deciding what educational option is best for your children can be challenging. Traditional bricks-and-mortar public schools, charter schools, and private schools all have their place, but they may not be the right fit for every student’s needs. Homeschooling has become a mainstream option for many families, and it may be the solution you’ve been looking for.
There are many reasons to homeschool your child, but maybe you don’t feel like you have the know-how or time to develop your child’s curriculum and handle the many responsibilities education requires. If you feel this way, you’re not alone. Thankfully, there are online public schooling options that allow you to give your child a high-quality education with all of the resources and support you need for a successful homeschooling experience.
Why Choose an Online Public School?
Bricks-and-mortar schools offer wonderful educational opportunities, but because they are structured to serve the general population, they aren’t always the best option for every child all the time. There are many reasons why parents choose to homeschool their children. The following are examples of how, instead of traditional homeschooling, learning from home with an online public school may be the right fit for your situation.
- Teach values to your child when you feel the time is appropriate. Do you want to educate your child in an environment consistent with your family’s cultural and religious traditions? Homeschooling and online school allow you to easily incorporate curriculum while teaching moral and religious values.
- Provide extra support for a child with learning disabilities or special needs. Traditional classroom settings are not always well suited to individuals whose physical needs and learning abilities require different approaches and care.
- Set the schedules to work with your family’s lifestyle. Some families have busy schedules with travel or interests with sports, acting, etc., that don’t fit into the structured hours offered at bricks-and-mortar schools. Online schooling and homeschooling offer more flexibility, as well as the ability to create a custom plan for socialization that is tailored to your child’s interests and personality.
- Give your child more one-on-one attention, customizing education to suit his or her pace of learning. Does your child excel or lag behind? At-home schooling gives you the freedom to put extra effort toward helping your child catch up with subjects more difficult for him or her to grasp, or offer a more challenging curriculum in areas of greater strength. An online public school also provides a professionally developed curriculum, as well as regularly scheduled instruction from a teacher in a virtual environment, plus one-on-one support when needed.
- Protect your children from negative experiences. Negative experiences at a traditional school can leave you as the parent wanting more control over your child’s learning environment. Bullying and influences from peer pressure can not only be distracting to the learning process but also damaging to a child’s well-being. With school at home, you choose the amount and type of socialization your family needs, developing a custom plan for each child.
These are just a few examples of why homeschooling may be right for you. Online schooling is an option that gives your child the best of both worlds: the support of a professional education facilitated with engaging teachers using the Internet, plus the comfort of your own home where you can be sure your child’s needs are met. You’ll be an active participant in the learning process as your child’s “Learning Coach.”
Homeschooling and Social Activities
Parents should feel empowered to research the best schooling option for their children to thrive. With virtual school, all of the resources of bricks-and-mortar schools are available in your home and in a more flexible daily format that leaves your child time for social activities and friendships of your choosing.
Homeschooling with online material can benefit not only children but also the entire family. It’s a rewarding experience that allows you to create a custom socialization plan around your child’s unique personality. And online school students get plenty of family time, as well!
If you’re considering homeschooling your child with an online curriculum, be sure to visit www.connectionsacademy.com to learn more and decide if personalized learning from home is a good fit for your family.