5 Reasons It’s Not Too Late to Transfer to Online School
Traditional education follows two conventions: 1) students start school in the fall, and 2) they learn in a regular classroom setting. Traditional schooling isn’t the only option, of course. Today, your student can also opt for online learning, blended learning, or homeschooling. Many of these alternatives still start in the fall, but they don’t have to. A midyear school transfer to online learning or another option might be the best choice for your family.
How do you know it’s not too late to transfer schools? To answer this question, we have compiled five reasons why students and their families may consider a midyear transfer to online school. Take a look at the following reasons to learn more.
- Students should have a choice of learning options so they can access the right education at the right time. A midyear student transfer might work for your family for a variety of reasons, for example, if your family has moved, if you are looking for a more customized approach to learning, or if your student needs to take care of his or her health while still being able to attend school. Ultimately, if your current schooling option isn’t working, why wait to get your student the education he or she deserves?
- We provide you with detailed information and answers to your questions, making it easy to decide which learning option is the best fit for your child. No matter what your student’s current schooling environment may be, you can choose from several options, including those that integrate digital learning into the school program: Homeschooling—Students learn at home and follow a curriculum designed by parents, who serve as their teachers. Virtual Schooling—Students learn at home, but they follow a state-approved public school curriculum that involves independent, computer-based study. The students are also taught by certified teachers, while parents serve as guides called Learning Coaches. Private Schooling—Students who live in states with limited availability of public digital or online learning options or who live abroad may choose an affordable private virtual school option for a rigorous but flexible education.For more information on these learning options, browse this list of resources:
- Our virtual school parents have successfully switched schools midyear. Whether your family transfers schools during the fall or winter, there will always be challenges during the transition. However, many Connections Academy parents believe it’s an adjustment that pays off for their students.“There is a learning curve, but it is worth it,” one parent said. “We’re figuring out how to best use the online platform for our needs, and while it did take some time and a few grades that were lower than usual, we still feel it has been a worthwhile journey. Knowing how hard it is to focus on school when you are so anxious or feel unsafe at a brick-and-mortar school, I feel that my daughter is finally able to blossom in the way she was meant to and [that] she can reach her full potential.”
- We offer a support system to ease your student’s transfer. Adjusting to a new school is easier when you can get help every step of the way. If you decide on virtual school, we are committed to helping you prepare for success. After you check your eligibility for online school, you can use our K–12 online school enrollment checklist to assemble the documents you need to enroll. Help is available by phone if you want additional guidance.After you enroll, start building your support system by contacting your student’s teacher and joining our online community. Teachers and parents are always happy to help when you have questions! We also provide new families with plenty of tips and advice for successfully transferring schools with online learning. Explore the resources below.
- 5 Tips to Kick-Start Virtual Learning for the New Semester
- Starting Strong: Organization Tips for New Online Learning Coaches
- Why You’re Cut Out to Be a Virtual School Learning Coach
- Helpful Resources for New Connections Academy Learning Coaches
- 6 Things You Need to Know as a New Virtual School Learning Coach
- Four Keys to Being a Great Learning Coach
- If you missed the fall semester enrollment, you may still have time to transfer schools this winter. At this time of year, many schools are enrolling students for the spring semester. Enrollment periods are different depending on the school and grade, so check availability at the school near you. Start by typing in your zip code to locate the school that serves your area:
If your family is considering a student transfer to virtual school midyear, following these suggestions and parent-tested advice can help you conquer the learning curve. With some effort and dedication, your family can make a midyear transfer go smoothly. To learn how your child can transfer schools and enjoy the benefits of personalized online learning, visit the website for Connections Academy online public school. Or to learn about online private school, visit International Connections Academy’s website.