Twitter Chat Recap: The Parent to Learning Coach Transition
Parents with questions about making the switch to virtual school found great answers during this week’s Tweet chat, “The Parent to Learning Coach Transition.” Learning Coach Alyssa Erickson hosted and chatted about her experiences starting online school with a first-grade daughter this past school year.
Families were curious about how to establish a daily routine, opportunities for socializing, and how to motivate students. Teacher interaction and the type of adjustments involved when starting virtual school were also discussed. If you’d like to learn more about how virtual school works, check out the recap below, and use our list of helpful resources.
New virtual school Learning Coaches can check out these resources to learn …
- What it takes to be a great Learning Coach
- Skills online students need to succeed with online learning
- How to ensure that kids attending virtual school have enough socialization
- Ideas for providing positive motivation in virtual school
- Tips for keeping kids motivated in the home classroom
- Ways to minimize digital distractions in online schooling
- Tips for creating a learning schedule that suits your family
- The important role of teachers in online learning
- What it’s like to transition from homeschool to virtual school
- How to make a smooth transition to virtual middle school
- How to help teens transition to online high school
Follow us on Twitter @ConnectionsAcad to find out about our next live Twitter event.
Do you have any other questions about virtual school? Feel free to ask us in the comments.