Twitter Chat Recap: Switching Schools and Finding Your Groove
How does the virtual classroom work? When subjects are difficult for students, how do they get help? How do you ensure your child gets enough socialization? These are just a few of the questions posed by parents considering making a move to online school during our recent Twitter chat with parent and Learning Coach Irene Burgess, who tweeted about Switching Schools and Finding Your Groove.
Families were also interested in the day-to-day activities of educating children at home. Many asked about scheduling and the availability of electives in the curriculum. Others quizzed Irene on practical aspects of working with multiple children. If you’d like to learn more about how virtual school works—or find tips for getting a great start in online education for the new school year—check out the recap below and our list of helpful links.
New virtual school Learning Coaches can “find their groove” and check out these resources:
- Learn what questions to ask when considering virtual school
- See answers to the most common questions about online education
- Discover why other families choose online school
- Know what it takes to be a great Learning Coach
- Know the important role of teachers in online learning
- Discover how to ensure that kids attending virtual school have enough socialization
- Get tips for creating a learning schedule that suits your family
- Pinpoint the skills online students need to succeed with online learning
- Find helpful organization hints for parents of virtual school students
- Learn how to manage multiple children attending virtual school.
- Find out what it’s like to transition from homeschool to virtual school
- Virtual school tips for the kindergarten student
- Learn how to make a smooth transition to virtual middle school
- Help your teen(s) transition to online high school
- Read tips for keeping kids motivated in the home classroom
Follow us on Twitter @ConnectionsAcad to find out about our next live Twitter event.
Do you have any other questions about virtual school? Feel free to ask us in the comments.