Twitter Chat Recap: A Parent’s Advice for Comparing Online Schools
It’s natural for parents to want the best education possible for their children—that’s why selecting the right virtual school can be intimidating. In this week’s Twitter Chat, “A Parent’s Advice for Comparing Online Schools,” mom and Learning Coach Kimberly Guy chatted about how she decided between online school options for her children.
While parents did ask how the Guy family chose a virtual school, there were also many questions about the daily schedule, teacher interaction, and how much time kids spend on the computer. Additionally, Kim provided some tips for setting up the home classroom and getting started with online school. If you’d like to learn more about how virtual school works, review the recap below and use our list of helpful resources.
- Tips for choosing a virtual school
- Questions to ask when considering an online school
- How to debunk the myths about virtual school
- Understanding the differences between homeschool and online school
- Tips for discussing the switch to virtual school with your child
- What it takes to be a great Learning Coach
- Ways to get organized for virtual school
- Skills students need to succeed with online learning
- How to create a learning schedule that suits your child
- Ideas for setting up the home classroom
- How to ensure that kids attending virtual school have enough socialization
- How online clubs and activities enhance learning
- How physical education works with online education
- Suggestions for virtual school success with young kids
- What it’s like to transition from homeschool to virtual school
- How to make a smooth transition to virtual middle school
- How to help teens transition to online high school
Do you have any other questions about virtual school? Ask us in the comments!