Tips for Being a Better Student
Follow these ten tips to become a better and more focused student!
1. Put your phone out of sight and on silent.
2. Work in a well-lit area (but not in front of a window; movement can be distracting).
3. Look ahead at your lessons for the week and plan for portfolios.
4. Plan your meals so that you are not taking extremely long lunch breaks.
5. Take a short break every hour or so (just taking your mind off of things for five minutes helps).
6. Write out LiveLesson times and teacher office hours so that you do not have to go back and forth to figure them out.
7. Stay organized: clean up your desk when you finish your work so that you can have a fresh start later.
8. Organize and label your notes so that you will not have to scramble to find that one specific topic.
9. Connect with other students and study together; they can push you to learn even more.
10. Go to LiveLessons. Even if you understand the material, the teacher might ask questions that give you a deeper understanding of the topic.