Slow Cooker Basic Chili
By Ariana K.
Prep time: 15-20 mins
Cook time: 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low
Serves: 4-6 people
- 1 lb. ground beef (can substitute pork/turkey/chicken), browned
- 2 (15 oz.) cans of kidney beans, either dark or light, 1/2 drained OR—2 (15 oz.) cans chili beans NOT drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of diced or petite diced tomatoes-NOT drained
- 1 packet of chili seasoning
- OR —
- 1-2 tsp. chili powder
- salt & pepper for taste
- crushed red pepper or cayenne to taste (1/2 tsp. to 1 tsp.)
- OR —
- 1 cup of water (suggested for nice juicy chili instead of thicker chili)
- Corn chips
- Whatever your heart desires
- Brown ground beef in a pan and drain grease, place cooked beef in the crockpot.
- Add in the kidney/chili beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, chili seasonings and water. Stir until well mixed.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for about 4 hours—this allows the juices and seasonings to cook in nicely. If you need to leave it for 8 because of work/school, it will be okay.
- Serve with toppings if you prefer, or you can also stir them all into the soup. Enjoy!