Share a Festive Cranberry Swirl Cake with Your Family and Friends
As you celebrate this holiday season, here’s a recipe for you to try that’s as delicious as it is versatile! Serve Cranberry Swirl Cake as a coffeecake at brunch—or as a delightful dessert after a special dinner. You’ll find it’s easy to make and easy to take as a potluck item, a hostess gift, or a treat for your favorite neighbor. Enjoy!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ pint sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- ½ cup crushed pecans
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. warm water
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cream butter, sugar, and almond extract together.
- Gradually add unbeaten eggs one at a time.
- Add sour cream and blend.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Slowly fold dry ingredients into the batter.
- Grease and flour a 9ʺ tube or Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of the pecans in the bottom of the pan.
- Add approximately one-third of the batter.
- Swirl one-third of the cranberry sauce into the batter in the pan.
- Add two more layers of batter and cranberry sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts on top.
- Bake for 50–55 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- When cake has reached room temperature, place on a plate and top with glaze.
What’s your favorite treat to make and share with friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family? Tell us your most popular goodies for the holidays—and share the recipes, if you wish—in the comments below.