Safety Tips for Kids and Teens Online
Many kids and teens meet strangers online that they think are kind, but really are not. Often children give out personal information without noticing any problems. When you are online, you should only use safe web sites that your parents suggest.
1. Password Safety: Create a complex, unique password, and be sure to remember it. And never share your password with anyone other than your parent or guardian.
2. Never post your personal information, such as your cell or home number, home address (where you live), or how someone can locate or find out where you are any time.
3. Never meet in person with someone you’ve never met before. And if someone asks you to meet them please tell your parent or guardian right away.
4. If anything/anyone makes you feel uncomfortable online, while gaming, using your phone or even just playing on the computer, please alert your parent or guardian.
5. Get permission before posting any types of pictures on the internet.
6. Do not respond to a message that are can be mean, hurtful, or make you feel uncomfortable.
By following these easy rules, you can enjoy your time online!