Parent Picks: Our Ten Most Popular Blog Posts
Although Connections Academy–supported schools have helped students learn successfully since 2001, online school is still a new idea to many people—and that’s one reason why we publish Virtual Learning Connections. Parents can bookmark this blog to explore virtual school, gain online learning tips, and learn how their involvement can make a huge difference in their children’s education.
To keep this blog relevant and helpful to families, we analyze which posts generate the most interest. The list below includes audience favorites from 2015 and 2016. Some posts had the highest number of visitors, or “clicks,” while others were shared more often or kept the viewer’s attention for longer. We hope you’ll review this list and learn something new that you can use to prepare for success in online school!
- How Parents Can Prepare for Their Role in Virtual School
Discover how parents can get ready to facilitate learning for students as online school Learning Coaches.
- How to Help Your Child Become a Self-Motivated Student
Try these effective age-appropriate strategies to get your child engaged in and excited about learning.
- The Growth Mind-Set: How Intelligence Can Change and Grow
Think you are “bad” at math or another subject? Think again! Changing your attitude can help your student view learning in a positive light.
- Time Management for Students in 5 Easy Steps
Use these practical tips to support your students as they plan projects and learning schedules.
- 5 Things I Wish I Had Known When Considering Online School
Read insights about virtual school from experienced parents who are glad they made the switch.
- Family Game Night: Using Board Games to Improve Students’ Critical-Thinking Skills
Family fun can be educational when you select games that challenge the mind!
- 5 Tips for Creating a Successful Online School Schedule
Learn how parents have adapted the scheduling flexibility of virtual school to work well with children’s needs and the family’s lifestyle.
- Online School Connections: 4 Ways Students Collaborate
Find out how virtual school students reach out to classmates and create meaningful connections.
- How Can Parents Who Have Math Anxiety Help Their Kids Learn Math?
Support your child’s mastery of math with a positive problem-solving approach that may help you conquer your own anxiety, too!
- 6 Steps to Choosing a K–12 Online School
Your child’s education is vital to his or her future. These steps will help you make sure you’re choosing the right high-quality virtual school for your family.
Have any of our blog posts helped your family get started in virtual school, overcome a challenge, or discover something useful for the school year? Please share your favorites in the comments.