Online Summer School: A Flexible Summer School Alternative
Are you looking to make the switch to full-time virtual school? Summer is the perfect time to take online school for a “test drive.” It’s also a great way to prevent your son or daughter from losing the knowledge and skills gained during the school year, allowing him or her to catch up with peers or get ahead for next year. And when school starts up again in the fall, your family will already be familiar with the workings of an online classroom!
Benefits of Online Summer School
- Schedule Flexibility: Rolling start dates allow you to plan around vacations, summer camps, and family fun. Since course materials are online, you can take summer school with you on your travels, as long as you will have access to an Internet connection.
- Variety of Summer Classes: iNaCA offers a selection of more than 100 online summer courses that will enrich kindergarteners, help students in grades K–8 review foundational skills, allow high school students to explore new interests, or get seniors back on track for graduation.
- Certified Teachers and Support Coaches: Your child will have access to a certified teacher experienced in online instruction. Support coaches will be available to guide your child through the summer courses.
- Flexible Course Time Line: The flexible online format of this summer school program allows students to schedule class work at their convenience.
Online Summer Learning Programs
Check out the list below to see some of the highlights of the summer learning program—you’re sure to find one your child will enjoy.
- Summer Smarts courses
Summer Smarts courses in technology, math, and language arts keep students in grades K–8 engaged as they practice and gain valuable academic skills—while still having fun. Smart families can save 10% off tuition with our Summer Smarts Family Plan by enrolling in two or more Summer Smarts courses.
- Credit recovery summer courses
Online high school credit recovery courses empower students to excel by helping them recover the credits they need to graduate and ensuring they gain the core skills to succeed.
- High school original credit summer courses
Motivated high school students can catch up or get ahead on credits, explore new interests, learn a world language, or beef up their transcript for college applications—all by taking online summer courses. Student athletes will appreciate that the summer lineup also includes NCAA-eligible courses.
- World languages summer courses
Elementary, middle, and high school students can learn Spanish through innovative courses featuring flexibly paced online instruction with native language speakers. High school students also have the option of learning French or American sign language.
- Career and Technical Education summer courses
High school students can turn their curiosity into a career by taking a summer course to explore a field they are considering. Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses combine both college preparation and workforce skills development. They include options such as business, psychology, criminal justice, and more.
It’s Easy to Enroll in Online Summer School
Enrolling in an online summer school course is also a great way to “learn the ropes” of being a Learning Coach, too. Remember, just by taking a few summer courses, you will get a chance to experience the Connections Academy education technology before school starts. And families who finish their full-time online school enrollment early can gain access to Summer Connections, a free fun-filled summer learning program for already enrolled students.
Is your family hitting the road or the books? Tell us what kind of fun summer learning activities you have planned with your family.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on June 3, 2014. It has been updated for information accuracy and to reflect the current 2015 Online Summer School start dates.