Motivating Yourself to Work Out at Home
1. Find your digital fitness fit. The most important thing is to find a routine that you actually enjoy. With technology improving, you have an endless amount of at-home exercise options.
2. Write it down. When you’re just starting, it can be hard to motivate yourself, so jot it down on a piece of paper and then just follow through!
3. Set your space. When doing at-home workouts, it can be hard to find space for it, make sure to pick out a place and stick to it as best you can so that there aren’t any excuses for not working out.
4. Dress for success. Wear athletic clothes. Don’t wear jeans or super loose clothing as it can get in the way. In fact, one study suggests that simply wearing workout gear can help motivate you to exercise.
5. Go public with it. After you exercise, feel free to post a sweaty selfie or a #fromwhereyoustand. Some people find that they work harder for that extra satisfaction of sharing their achievement afterwards.
6. Reward yourself. It’s okay to use small rewards to persuade yourself to work out. Whether it’s food or a new pair of sneakers, it can make a difference.