Live from Twitter: What Families Want to Know about College and…
Inquiring minds want to know how to apply for college and financial aid—and Connections Academy’s live Twitter chat, Virtual High School and Beyond, helped give them the answers.
Last week, Katy Brennan, manager of counseling services at Ohio Connections Academy, fielded questions and offered expert advice about college, financial aid, the application processes, and other aspects of planning for a student’s future. But if you missed it, don’t worry—you’ll find helpful resources and highlights from the chat below. And be sure to follow us on Twitter @ConnectionsAcad so you’ll learn about future live events!
Try these useful resources:
- Start by checking out our four-year checklist for high school students, which provides a great timeline of what you and your teen should be doing each year to prepare for college.
- Discover pointers for helping your teen consider various careers and get real-world experience.
- Learn helpful tips for saving for college tuition expenses.
- Review our top twenty college-planning resources for fantastic information on many aspects of the college search and application processes!
- Get ideas for touring colleges that will help your teen ask the right questions and find “a good fit.”
- Learn how to help your student manage the sometimes overwhelming college application process.
- See what virtual school graduates say they’ve learned from their online education.
We hope this information will aid you in guiding your teen’s college and career planning. Helping your high school student set and achieve goals for the future can be challenging, but the reward of seeing your child succeed makes it well worth the effort!
What hints can you offer other families for helping their teens prepare for a bright future? Share your ideas and strategies in the comments!