Little Things Mean A Lot
Whether you are homeschooling or in virtual school, spending so much time together can make it easy to forget that doing a little extra for your children during the school day can go a long way.
Here are some ideas that only take a few minutes, but could make a big impact on your child’s attitude:
- Display – Hang a paper or picture your child is especially proud of on the refrigerator.
- Brag – Send a copy of this semester’s report card to a friend or maybe a grandparent.
- Share – Read just one more book together before bed, or share a special poem with an older child.
- Praise – Every day draw attention to something your child does well.
- Spoil – Cut the edges of their sandwiches, or add hearts to the center of an apple with a cookie cutter.
Even if they act like it’s silly, older kids still love your attention. Little things do mean a lot.