By Anastacia I.
Have you ever wondered how to garden?
Have you ever thought about starting a garden? Gardening is a fun, time consuming activity that is a great choice to do in the spring and summer. Some common things to garden are tomatoes, raspberries, strawberries, basil, mint, and a large variety of flowers. Here are some simple tips for starting your own garden at home.
1. Make sure you have lots of time on your hands
2. Make sure that the plants you choose to grow are in season.
3. You will need a watering can or sprinkler, a shovel, seed packets, and a clear plot of soil.
4. If you want to grow raspberries or strawberries, you may want to buy a plant rather than seeds so you can have your fruit this season.
5. Buy some environmentally friendly animal and insect repellants so that your plants don’t get eaten.
6. If you feel that it’s necessary for keeping your garden safe, set up some chicken wire around your garden plot with a guardian’s help.
8. Make sure that you water your plants twice a day. You want to be careful not to water your plants too much, or you could essentially drown them.
10. Remember to have fun!
Hopefully this article helps you to get started gardening! Remember to be safe and have adult supervision while working on this fun project!