10 Great Back-to-School Resources for New Learning Coaches
Like with any new experience, when a family first begins online school, they may occasionally feel a bit overwhelmed. Becoming familiar with the online lessons, learning a new computer system, and adjusting to a new way of working with teachers may take a while. Don’t fret. Although it may seem stressful, before too long, it will all be second nature to you and your students.
What can a family do to keep going until the adjustment period is over? When having questions about schoolwork, the first and most important step is to talk to the teacher! For other common issues, take a look at the helpful list of resources below.
- Working with online teachers—Communication is the key to collaborating well with your child’s teacher. Learn our top tips for communicating with online teachers and making the most of every interaction.
- Making a strong start in online school—Discover what successful online school families have learned about getting started as a Learning Coach.
- Staying organized—Find organization tips to help any Learning Coach create an orderly home classroom.
- Develop a plan—Use the discussion ideas and suggestions to assist you when making your family’s guidelines for online school.
- Establish a daily schedule—Learn how to create a daily school schedule that works for the whole family, and take a look at some sample school schedules used by other families.
- Overcoming a late start—Try out these tips for achieving success even when getting a late start in online school.
- Finding help when needed—Learn about family support programs designed to help students and Learning Coaches overcome obstacles to succeeding in school.
- Learning what motivates students—Discover how motivation works for students, and find good strategies for developing motivation using the 9-step motivation model.
- Help students prepare for tests—Learn how to coach your student for successful test taking with great test preparation tips.
- Customize your child’s socialization—Take advantage of the flexible scheduling of online school to integrate your child’s needs and interests in an individual socialization plan.
Online school can change a child’s life and can be very rewarding for the entire family. With a good attitude and some persistence, you’ll soon overcome the adjustment period and be on your way to online school success!
What tips can you suggest to help new families become accustomed to online learning? Share your best ideas in the comments.